Tuesday 21 May 2019

Dem Old Tapes - Part 36 - Cathedral Lung



I pretty much said all that I know in the video really, I couldn't find out much more information about this band at all. It was recorded in 1995 and the band address on the tape was local to where I live in East London in an area that had a lot of squats back in the day where I would often go for parties. Quite often bands would play at these events, I remember bands called Head on a Stick and Life Who Fear being two of them. So maybe these guys played one time too and I picked it up there one drunken night!!


Heavily influenced by Joy Division, The Sisters of Mercy, and Nick Cave.



Line-Up

Simon - Lead vocals
Simeon - Lead guitar and keyboard
Chris - Bass guitar and drum programming

Track List
Cactus Jack
The Run
Satin Sunday

A YouTube creator by the name of Chris Wareham (perhaps he of Bass and Drums), has all these tracks plus one more up on his channel. I've made a playlist that you can have a listen to HERE if it's your sort of thing.



*********************************************


Check out this week's podcast show HERE



*********************************************

Check out some music on...

**************************************************

Follow my YouTube channel 

Follow me on Twitter

Like my Facebook pages

Follow on PodOmatic

Follow my Blogs

Here is my Patreon 
Check it out for exclusive themed shows every month

All METAL 
NO plastic 
hungryhungry


No comments:

Post a Comment