Tuesday 4 September 2018

Dem Old Tapes - Part 13 - Skaldic Curse



This week's look into my drawers full of Dem Old Tapes brings me to London Progressive Black Metal band Skaldic Curse. These guys were around from 2001 - 2011 releasing 3 demo tapes, an EP and 3 full-length albums. They boast a line-up featuring guys from some very well known bands from the UK scene with members from Fen, Akercocke, Indesinence to name just a few.

I am pretty sure this is the only thing I ever had by the band, I may well have seen them live at some point but damned if I can remember!

Anyway I will play a track off this demo on my podcast this Sunday so tune in to check it out.
Metal Archives does not give the line-up for this release, but the last known line-up was
Monolith - Bass
Astynax - Guitars
Woundz - Vocals
Vermin - Drums
Scapula - Guitars

Looking at the past members I would think that for this demo recording that Theutus was on Drums and either VX or Watcher (maybe both) were on guitars instead of Scapula.

You can check out the title track here...
...and tune in to my podcast Sunday to hear the other track "Place of Slaughter"

The Skaldic Curse Bandcamp page has their last album "Devourer" from 2013 available as a name your price download, so go get the bugger HERE


That's all from Dem Old Tapes this week, check out my latest podcast if you didn't already, it's fucking awesome and you can listen to or download it HERE

*********************************************

Check out some music on...

**************************************************

Follow my YouTube channel 

Follow me on Twitter

Like my Facebook pages

Follow on PodOmatic

Follow my Blogs

Here is my Patreon 
Check it out for exclusive themed shows every month

All METAL 
NO plastic 
hungryhungry


No comments:

Post a Comment