Tuesday 9 October 2018

Dem Old Tapes - Part 18 - Chorus of Ruin

PLEASE subscribe to my YouTube channel



On this week's look at Dem Old Tapes in my collection I am showing you a demo by melodic Doom/Death band Chorus of Ruin from Bradford, England. These guys formed in 1991 and split in 2009 according to Metal Archives although this demo from 1994 is the last release on the record.

I saw these guys at least twice back in the day, I am sure they played an all-dayer at the Dome in Tufnell Park and also an all-dayer up in Nottingham Rock City too which was a great day out.

In their time they had 3 demos, a single, a split with Sororicide and a live album. They also had the track "Headstones" on the Deaf Metal Sampler





Line-up
Craig - Vocals
Paul - Guitar
Jamie - Guitar
Dale - Bass
Wan - Drums

Side A
1.Cascades
2.Windswept

Side B
3.Ocean of Sins '94
4.Vanessa

I found a live recording of the track Vanessa on YouTube, check it out



Chorus of Ruin kindly sent me the fliers of the 2 gigs I remember seeing them playing at. Both fucking classic gigs, I wish I'd been filming gig footage back in them days but my camera was so shot back then it probably would have come out total rubbish.




That's it for this week, I will play a track off of this on the show Sunday, check out last week's podcast HERE




********************************************



Big thanks to Kuona for the CD and T-Shirt they sent me this week too, go check these mad guys out


Listen on SPOTIFY


*********************************************

Check out some music on...

**************************************************

Follow my YouTube channel 

Follow me on Twitter

Like my Facebook pages

Follow on PodOmatic

Follow my Blogs

Here is my Patreon 
Check it out for exclusive themed shows every month

All METAL 
NO plastic 
hungryhungry


No comments:

Post a Comment