Tuesday 19 June 2018

Dem Old Tapes - Part 3 - Espostoa


OK this week I have a pretty cool raw, minimalist, Doom Metal two-piece from Preston. The band name Espostoa & demo title are both named after a desert cactus! This information is straight from Metal Archives page, (which I was happy to update with this demo information).

"Espostoa" is the genus of a columnar cactus species that grows in Ecuador, Peru and Bolivia (furthermore, their demo "Calva" is named after a specific specimen, namely Espostoa calva). 

This was recorded and released in 1997, they have a 2nd demo too called Naranja who's name rings a bell, I think I have it somewhere in my collection also, so look out for a future blog from me featuring it.


Paul Gemmell - guitar, bass and vocals
Michael Mayers - drums, backing vocals on Black Phantom

Recorded 10th and 11th Feb 1997 at Stonehouse Studios, Bolton
All music written by Paul Gemmell
Cover art by Mike Brockbank


As stated in the video, this is not my music, I just think it's a shame for old demos to be forgotten forever, so if anyone does have rights to this still and does not wish it to be public, do get in touch. Or if you have any more info you think will be cool to add to this blog let me know.


*********************************************

Check out some music on...



***********************************************

Follow my YouTube channel 

Follow me on Twitter

Like my Facebook pages

Follow on PodOmatic

Follow my Blogs

Here is my Patreon 
Check it out for exclusive themed shows every month

All METAL 
NO plastic 
hungryhungry



No comments:

Post a Comment