Tuesday 17 July 2018

Dem Old Tapes - Show 7 - Snyper




So this week I have a tape by a band that I have a lot of love for, Snyper. When I discovered that Metal Archives was a thing this was the first band that I looked up!! I never got to see them live back in the day but I had this demo tape and owned the t-shirt which is now sewn into my quilt of metal!!
I remember wearing the t-shirt at I think a Sepultura gig at the Hammersmith Odeon back in 1992 or something and a guy came up to me and told me about the band and that they'd recorded an album in 1991 but he wasn't sure if it'd ever be released. I was after this legendary album ever since and it finally got released on Mosh Tunage in 2013. I wanted to link here to where you could go buy it but I couldn't get a link, maybe it's out of stock now. Rest assured I got my copy 😃

So this band started out life in 1986 in Great Yarmouth in Norfolk before relocating to Leicester, they had 6 demos in their time and had tracks on 3 underground UK Thrash compilations, all of which I have in my vinyl collection. They were A Taste of Armageddon, which I mentioned in my Warpspeed blog, A Rather Nasty Dream on Papplewick Pond & UK Thrash Assault.
I think this is Dan Seagrave's 1st Metal record sleeve!!



HERE is a playlist of Snyper demo tracks that I uploaded to YouTube a few years back, they are all bloody great tunes, check them out.






I decided to upload Snyper's 1990 demo "Something Illusionary" after all as it's rough as arseholes so I don't think it will affect sales of the album by putting this up online and the other old tracks you can listen to on YouTube.



*******************************************************

Here is a bit of info about the band Parricide that Carl put on the B-side for me. They were a Thrash band from Nottingham who formed in 1989 and split up but Metal Archives doesn't know when.
They had just this one demo Self Inflicted Biopsy from 1990.






*********************************************

Check out some music on...

**************************************************

Follow my YouTube channel 

Follow me on Twitter

Like my Facebook pages

Follow on PodOmatic

Follow my Blogs

Here is my Patreon 
Check it out for exclusive themed shows every month

All METAL 
NO plastic 
hungryhungry



No comments:

Post a Comment