Tuesday 11 September 2018

Dem Old Tapes - Part 14 - Angelkill



Angelkill formed in 1988 and hailed from Iowa, the guys played Death/Thrash and released 3 full-length albums, 4 demos, a split and a single. According to Metal Archives they are still active but I can't find any real online presence other than a demo archive and their last release is the album "Casket Lullabies" from 1998!

I remember getting this demo in the height of my underground letter writing days, I may have traded it for my band's demo, I'm not sure. I remember the singer's name was Blakk which amused me as I always called myself Grey so between us we'd got the two best 'Metal colour names'!! I interviewed him in my 1st issue of my zine Kentucky Fried Afterbirth and I seem to recall that he was big into his horror stories and that they influenced heavilly his lyrics and song themes.


Garden of Crosses is Angelkill's 1st full-length, released in 1993

The line-up for this tape is -
Blakk - Vocals
Norm Sales - Bass
Brett Fugate - Drums
Steve Swyers - Guitar
Mike Kore - Guitar


Ok I took a chance and put this up on archive for people to listen to. If anyone connected with the band sees this is not happy with having new people being able to check out their old music let me know and I'll take it down.

*********************************************

Check out my podcast too HERE

*********************************************

Check out some music on...

**************************************************

Follow my YouTube channel 

Follow me on Twitter

Like my Facebook pages

Follow on PodOmatic

Follow my Blogs

Here is my Patreon 
Check it out for exclusive themed shows every month

All METAL 
NO plastic 
hungryhungry


No comments:

Post a Comment